Monday, September 12, 2011

New Apartment and a Sirloin Tip Roast

Apparently it was June 17th when I last posted anything. I guess, not being a serious professional blogger and moving apartments got the best of me. And although, I moved in to my new apartment a little over a month ago, it's not even 50% unpacked, and very happening very slowly. And although I've been cooking, I haven't been blogging for lack of organization. There was a fairly tasty tray of nachos with freshly made yogurt cheese, cheddar, guacamole, cocktail tomatoes, fine herbs, and sirloin braised in fennel seeds and shao shing (since that's the only wine I seem to buy, I should really get something else). This was perhaps due to the recent purchase of a 5kg sirloin tip roast, that I portioned off into smaller roasts, steaks, stewing beef, and thinly sliced pieces for stir -frys. All for $30, not bad at all. Sirloin tip roast is not the most tender cut out there by far, but it has a good amount of flavour, and if marinated, it works out just fine. The night before saw steak frites with sauted carrots. A simple, and satisfying dinner. I also returned from my sisters' Montreal apartment, among the things made there was a blueberry tart which worked out especially well, considering it was an emergency tart, but not surprisingly when considering the blueberries were bought from the farmers market earlier that day. I have no photos, but I hope to start making proper posts again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment