Monday, September 12, 2011

Heston Blumenthal's In Search of Perfection

I've had this book for probably at least a year, and although I've attempted bits and pieces of it, and maybe a full recipe or two, I've yet to really get into this book. That's all changed, I'm going to execute every recipe in the book, regardless of time, and expense, although I may not try to get LaBresse chickens from France, I'll instead look for extremely good quality organic free run chickens here, in Toronto. I'm pretty sure, each recipe is going to take me at least a week, even after I've sourced the ingredients and equipment, and for equipment, off the top of my head, I'm going to need a soda siphon, a meat grinder, and a vacuum bag system (for the cake), oh I just remembered, I guess I also need a paint sprayer... And maybe after I've made everything in this book if I'm feeling strong, I'll make everything in The Fat Duck Cookbook (good luck Michael).


No comments:

Post a Comment