So, this was a cheat dinner for me as I really didn't put much effort into making it really. Still good, but not especially elaborate. I do really love oven roasting tomatoes, they are explosions of flavour! The ratio of ease to deliciousness is through the roof. Statistically, they should be included in every meal. It really does work best with grape tomatoes though. They perform well under pressure and maximum performance is essential in a cheat dinner. Also, I have three bottles of unfiltered Italian olive oil that I love finding excuses to use as a flavour additive. This meal kind of happened because my mother went to the washroom at Costco before taking me home, and I bought a few things while I was waiting. Normally you can't really but small portions of things but I found a small (small for Costco) piece of Inside Round, which is pretty damn perfect for Pot Roast, and they had a delicious spreadable cheese, flavoured with Garlic and Herb de Provence called Boursin on sale, so I bought that too, and the rest kind of fell into place.
Baguette or other Crusty Bread
30 Grape Tomatoes
Unfiltered Olive Oil (Or other nicely flavoured oil)
Inside Round Roast
1 lbs Spinach (Washed and Trimmed)
Instamash (Plus ingredients for instamash preparation)
100 ml Milk
30ml Worsterschire Sauce
15ml Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
Roast Tomatoes on Bread
1. Roast tomatoes under broiler element on a sheet pan until softened. Remove and allow to cool slightly then drizzle with olive oil and basil. Serve on bread.
Pressure Cooker Pot Roast, Creamed Spinach, Instamash
1. Sear inside round on all sides.
2. Combine Balsamic Vinegar, Worsterschire Sauce, and Dijon Mustard and 300ml cold water in pressure cooker and turn on, to heat up. Add meat when pressure cooker has heated and pressure cook for 40 minutes at full pressure.
3. Wilt spinach in a dry saucepan on medium heat in batches. Squeeze spinach to remove excess liquid. Clean out saucepan then add milk and boursin, heat on medium heat and stir until combined. Add wilted spinach and stir over heat for 3 minutes. Then remove from heat.
4. Using an immersion blender, pulse cut the spinach slightly to make for a medium smooth texture.
5. Prepare instamash according to package directions.
6. Slice roast and plate with spinach and mash, season to taste, serve with more dijon mustard.