|This was actually quite delicious.|
smoke point which makes it great for searing.
3 Tbsp Avocado Oil
1kg Beef Inside Round (Cut into Batons)
1 Medium Red Onion (Diced)
300ML Beef Stock
50ML Shao Shing Wine
2 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
1 Tbsp Dried Hammer Milled Shitake Mushrooms
1 Tsp Dried Ground Porcini Mushroom Powder
30g Salted Butter (Cubed)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Broad Whole Wheat Egg Noodles
Dried Fine Herbs (Tarragon, Chives, Chervil)
Dairyland Sour Cream
1. Pre-heat stainless french skillet on medium high, pour in oil, once oil is rippling, add beef.
2. Cook beef until caramelized on all sides then reserve beef and drain pan juices.
3. Clean pan, reduce to medium heat, add onions, cook until soft and fond forms on the skillet.
4. Deglaze with wine, then add beef stock, spices, and mushrooms.
5. Add beef, and half the reserved pan juices.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour. Stirring occasionally.
7. Add half of the butter cubes, stirring to incorporate.
1. Heat salted water on high heat until boiling.
2. Add noodles, stirring moderately until cooked.
3. Drain water, return noodles to pot.
4. Add salt, pepper, and remaining butter cubes, stirring to incorporate.
1. Spoon seasoned buttered noodles into bowl.
2. Spoon Beef Stroganoff onto noodles.
3. Add a generous spoonful of sour cream, a pinch each of paprika and fine herbs.