Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Seared Meat Loaf and Poultry Seasoned Gnocci

So, this was more of an experiment than anything else. My girl was at a nail-art party on sunday night, so I was at home alone, left to my own devices, and what did I do... I cooked and ended up making mondays lunch. On friday, my girl and I tried out a new restaurant and amongst the limited menu that was full of things with both nuts and peas and other legumes (which I'm allergic to) they had what they called a seared beef loaf. It was extremely light and delicious, and so I wanted to try and recreate that light, but still flavourful meat loaf. Because I was kind of experimenting I don't have a recipe, but I did several things. I separated the eggs and aerated the egg whites separately until they were somewhat stiff. I also added milk and baking soda to the meat mixture. I also added mushrooms and onions that I pre-cooked and flavoured with chinese rose wine and shao shing wine, and other things. And I baked it at a low temperature, covered, in a loaf pan, then unmolded it, and seared the outside on high heat. Overall it was pretty good, but I need to work with it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment