Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Double Chocolate Cookie

Pretty and tasty.
So, I think this was perhaps my only saving grace tonight. These cookies were actually quite good, I wasn't sure if they were going to turn out as they looked really wet when I was scooping them onto the baking sheet, but they were alright in the end. I now have a sneaking suspicion that bakers press extra chocolate chunks into the top of still warm cookies to make the chunks more visible and semi-soft rather than melted into the batter and invisible.





Ingredients
Makes 8 big cookies, or 12 smaller ones.


140g Butter
100g White Sugar
40g Brown Sugar
1 Egg


Bowl 2
200g Flour (I still just have bread flour)
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
75g Cocoa Powder

60g Chocolate
1 Vanilla Pod (Scraped)

1. Cream the butter and sugar, whisk in the egg. Add the vanilla and chocolate. Stir.
2. Stir the ingredients in bowl 2, once mixed, add, 1/3 at a time bowl 2 into bowl 1, stirring to incorporate before adding the next 1/3, and so on.
3. Bake at 375F for about 18 minutes. Allow to cool before eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment