7 Large Eggs
1 Russet Potato (Peeled and small diced)
1/2 Red Onion (Small diced)
1 Green Pepper (Small diced)
100g ea Herbed Havarti and Mozzarella Cheese (Finely Grated)
Salt and Pepper
Pinch of Dried Basil
1 Clove of Minced Garlic
1/2 Tbsp of Sherry Vinegar
Even Simpler Salad
1 Handful of Mixed Field Greens Per Person
1 Splash of Lemon Juice
1 Splash of Avocado Oil
I used the same 1.9L saucier to prepare the whole meal. The rounded sides of saucier gave the frittata a pleasing shape.
1. Place the diced potatoes in a small saucier of cold, salted water. Bring to boil, cook until tender. Drain water, reserve potatoes, clean and dry saucier.
2. Whisk eggs in large mixing bowl and add sherry vinegar. Whisk until lots of air bubbles are present and eggs and vinegar are well combined.
3. Heat the saucier over medium heat, add olive oil, then add green peppers and onions to rippling oil. Saute, season, add garlic. When peppers and onions are tender crisp and garlic is not burnt but aromatic, add the potatoes. Combine, and turn off heat.
4. Add dried basil and 3/4 of each of the cheeses to the mixture. Stir to combine then place in a 300F oven until puffy and firm.
5. Once puffy and firm, add remaining cheese to the top of the frittata and place under broiler until browned.
6. Remove, allow to cool slightly, and carefully slip the frittata out, and onto a cutting board. Slice, top with fresh chives, serve warm.
1. Plate greens on plate beside frittata, drizzle small amount of lemon juice and small amount of avocado oil onto greens.